Subject: Particle Storm info, direct from Dynamic Realities
From: Jason Hough <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 17:29:51 -0500

This is the info I got from them today (typos are mine):

-------------

Particle Storm is a particle control program for Lightwave 3D. Features 
include various fountain emitters (point, plane, sphere, box), each with 
a variable birth rate, velocity, and dispersion. Particles life span can 
depend on age, collision, or speed. Wind and flocking/swarming tendencies 
can be specified per group. Particles can change color/transparency based 
on age, speed, acceleration, collision, and death. Multiple gravities and 
foce fields can be specified. Full collision detection is supported with 
variable elasticity and roughness. The big advantage Particle Storm has 
over the competition is interactive previewing. On our interface is a 
view window which allows you to see your particles in motion and correct 
color. Everything updates in realtime as you adjust parameters!

-------------

The keys to me over Sparks is the realtime previewing and the fact that 
particles will actually collide with objects in the scene. If I remember 
right Sparks only allows "up to 6 ground planes" for collision.

The list price is 295 for Intel and 345 for Alpha. No Amiga version is 
planned "as of yet" it states at the bottom. Dont know if that means the 
beta or the final release.

Hope that helps!

I cant wait to get it...

-Jason

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jason Hough [email-masked] <http://www.qualcomm.com/people/jhough>
Project 4gen (PC shoot-em-up): <http://www.ax.com/dindia>
"Despite the name, food stamps are not edible." - Scott Adams
--------------------------------------------------------------------